Sunday, April 24, 2011

Honey baked ham with pineapple recipe

I use to baked slices of ham but this time I baked a 7.32 lb ham. I was scared at first to bake because I haven't baked a ham this big. I was glad though because the outcome was really tasteful and good. Actually my dad-in-law and my hubby was impressed. YAY Me!!! hehehe. My dad-in-law said that "This is what hams suppose to taste. I haven't tasted good ham since I was a kid" OMG! I couldn't believe he said that and guess what? Hubby ate ALOT of ham and he said that it was really good. YAY ME AGAIN!!! lol! So guys, here is the recipe I used.

Honey Baked Ham with Pineapple Recipe


Ingredients:

7 lb. uncooked ham
1 big can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar

Procedure:

1. Preheat the oven into 325 degrees.
2. Place the uncooked ham in the oven, fat side up. Cover it loosely with aluminum foil for 2 1/2 hour.
3. Drain the pineapple chunks and set aside the juice.
4. Combine the juice with honey and light brown sugar. Mix them all together.
5. After 2 1/2 hour, baste the ham with honey mixture and garnish the ham with pineapple chunks.
6. Put the ham back in the oven covered with foil for another 1 hour.
7. Remove the ham when it reached the temperature of 160 degrees.
8. Enjoy your entree!

NOTE: The formula in baking ham is 20-25 mins per pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment