Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Looking for a dentist

My son has a chipped front tooth and my husband wanted to see a dentist for him. I told him that I think our son is too young to see a dentist but he persuaded me by telling me that the dentist would educate us how we could prevent him from chipping it again and a dentist would teach us proper dental care for babies.

Last month, we decided to find a dentist and make an appointment. When we arrived at the dentist's office, I observed that the office was nice and clean, also, the staff were friendly and accommodating. I filled out a form and was called right away. My son's behavior was quite impressive because he did not cry at all, probably because the dentist was nice and was friendly. After looking at my son's chipped front tooth, the dentist gave him stickers and a toothbrush as a reward for behaving. Oh! and my son was so happy that he could not wait to get home to use his new toothbrush.

On our way home, I talked to my husband and told him that he was right. Going to that dental appointment gave me tips and ideas how to take care of babies teeth. I also got ideas how to make brushing teeth more fun for babies. I learned how to prevent tooth decay and how to avoid cavities for babies. I told my husband that I like our son's dentist and I want him to be our family dentist from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment