Saturday, March 14, 2009

rude priest

i just wanna share this.,.,.,

Last Monday, i went to our bed and opened my little black book organizer and I read that 7pm Monday is confession day. I checked the clocked and I was completely shocked, it is 7:35pm and I am late for the confession. I hurriedly dress up and told my husband to get ready and drop me off to the church. At the church, I saw the priest and asked him nicely "Father, is the confession is still ongoing?" he rudely answered "It started 7:00" and I replied "Oh, so I am lil late" he then looked at his watch and rudely replied "Yeah, 45 mins". So, what I did is I just knelt down and pray while my husband is waiting on me. After I prayed, hubby told me "Don't you think that he was rude to you?" i said "Yeah he is" then we drove back home.

I know that I am already late just right after I read my organizer but then I still tried to go as i thought and I was hoping that the church is still open. I know I was late, but can't he talk to me in a nice way? I mean, I asked him nicely so why be mean? I actually almost ask him "Are you sure you are a priest?" lol! In the Parochial Church in the Philippines where i usually attend mass, they usually have 3 to 4 priests during confession and the confession last for 2 hours plus sometimes they extend the time if there are still people coming over to confess. In Philippines, most of the priest that i met are respectful and courteous to people. But now i know why most of the American i met told me that priests and nuns are mean and rude. It's not that I didn't believed in them, but, its just i haven't experienced any mean nun or priest. I have never met a rude American til I met him and it is sad to say that he is a priest. And, to tell you the truth, he made me disappointed and made me not wanting to attend Catholic mass here in the US again. Can you blame me?

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that but God knew what were your intention. Just forget about it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know and thanks ate ady for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a little kid I used to always have confession but now I'm an adult and smarten up.I realized I don't need to do that to confess my sin to the Priest. We all people have sins and it doesn't mean the priest is exceptional because they are priest. instead of confessing my sin to the priest I rather direct it to god. and this is only me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was happen to me the priest being rude. I def change my mind NOT to confess to him.instead I will direct to god.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. that doesn't mean I am mad with priest. life is too short for that. so don't sweat on a small thing. just ignore the priest like he does not exist. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, its sad to hear your story.That's why i never been confess my sin to any priest. Hope you have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete