Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ITIN Application sent

I sent my ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number) application to IRS last February 8, 2010 (Monday). I want to thank my friend Maria for helping me out in this application. I just wanna share to all on how and what are the papers I submitted.

Papers I submitted
  1. W-7 form which I downloaded from IRS Website.
  2. Photocopy of my Marriage Certificate.
  3. Photocopy of my Birth Certificate.
  4. Photocopy of my Passport.
  5. Photocopy of my Visa.
Note: I went to the bank to notarize the photocopy of my MC, BC, Passport and Visa before I submit them.

The address where I sent the package

Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
ITIN Operation
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342

Why I am applying for ITIN?
So that my husband can put me in his Tax papers.

My friend told me that they usually approve the application within 2 weeks after they receive the application (that's if the applicant submitted all the required papers and if the form is answered correctly). I hope I'll get approved soon hehe :)

2 comments:

  1. pink wla pa ba u SSN? last year ang ITIN din kami kasi wla pa akong SSN..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, wala pa akong SSN LOL! Apply pa lang kami ng AOS this month (ayan eh kapag sinipag kaming mag-ayos ng papers lol!) tamad kasi kaming mag-ayos ng papers hehe.

    ReplyDelete