Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Microsoft Excel Training

  A friend of mine from Hawaii told me that she takes her son to a Story Telling once a week in the library. I never heard of a such a thing as that so I asked her what is that about. She said that that is where toddlers and kids spend their time in the library and they do crafts and listen to story telling. I got interested in it so I called and inquired at the library here in our hometown as to if they have anything such as like that. The librarian told me that they have "Toddler Time" and that is where my son fits because of his age. Toddler Time is every Thursdays and it is 30 minutes of fun for toddlers.

   Aside from that, the librarian asked me if I knew someone who would be interested in volunteering to teach Basic Computer. I told her that I have a BS degree in Computer Science and I am willing to volunteer. She told me that most of the people that I would teach are in their 40's and up or senior citizens who are interested in learning basic computer. It is only a one hour per week volunteer job so it will not occupy a lot of my time so I said "YES! I want to volunteer" besides, I think I am capable of teaching people :)

   I am thinking that accepting that job might make someone get very interested in taking their computer knowledge further. Wouldn't it be nice if one of my future students wanted to take advanced Microsoft Excel Training or other advanced computer training after learning basic computer from me? So yeah, I will volunteer, because I want to help by giving computer lessons to those who can not afford to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment