Wednesday, October 19, 2011

laws on overtime

Yesterday, I went to my prenatal appointment with my midwives and they checked my cervix. I knew it! I had already dilated, I just didn't know how dilated I was. Based on my LMP (Last Menstrual Period), my due date is Nov. 11th and based on my second ultrasound, my due date is Nov. 2. But since I am very sure of my LMP, they told me that Nov. 11th is my due date. I had a feeling that I was not going to make it to my due date because of my continuing to work plus my belly is so low now. I would be happy to reach at least the 37th week, because that is considered full term.

When I got home, I called my mom right away and told her about the result of my appointment. She told me to slow down  in working which is what I am actually already doing. My sister told me to completely stop working because she is worried about the baby being premature. I told her not to worry and that I do not accept over time at work because I really can not work long hours anymore. My conversation with her changed right after I said the word "over time". She told me that she thinks that she is not getting paid right for her over time. I told her that she better check the laws on overtime. She better be aware of it because some companies are not fair in giving over time payment, actually, every employee should be aware of employment laws and employee's rights. She promised me that she was going to research and learn her company's overtime policies and to check that the company is adhering to law so she will not be cheated.








No comments:

Post a Comment