Tuesday, July 13, 2010

College and Family

Thanks to my friend Janet Dalton for this blog post

I am getting ready to go away to college again. I know it is a little early to be thinking about it, but I like to be prepared. Ironically, I do not like long goodbyes but at the same time I like to prepare for those same goodbyes as far in advance as possible. One thing I do not like about going away to college is that I miss my family, but having hughes net in oregon makes it a little more tolerable. I like being able to use Skype to talk to people, but I wish that more people had it. Fortunately my family has satellite internet in maine so we are able to Skykpe often. This year probably will not be as bad for me as it was last year. Being a sophomore in college comes with social responsibilities and one of those is to not cry like a baby for the first month I am there. Doing that is also not good for my studies, since I can not see my books through the tears. I know, I need to suck it up but I promise I plan to do better this year than I did last year. For one thing, I know what to expect and I am also rooming with the same girl I had as a roommate last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment