Monday, July 12, 2010

Keeping my live-in dad comfortable

Guest post written by Mark Alton

I was certainly uncomfortable when our home’s air conditioner broke. But I was mostly worried about how my senior mother, who lives with us and has diabetes and other health problems, would be able to handle it during this scorching summer.

We figured out pretty quickly that the there was something wrong with the A/C because it didn’t take long it to get uncomfortably warm in our house. As soon as an A/C repair man came and told us that it was indeed broken, I started shopping around. One of my friends had recently bought a new air conditioner so she referred me to hvac installation.

I ordered the unit and arranged the installation. Fortunately for me and my family, we were able to arrange an installation appointment for the next afternoon. So we only had to brave it through ceiling and box fans for another night.

My dad was quite the trooper through it all although I knew that he wasn’t comfortable. I’m just glad that I don’t have to worry about him getting overheated now.

No comments:

Post a Comment