Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bar hopping

Guest post written by Dave Billington

Living frugally is something that I’ve almost perfected to an art. It first started in college and then after graduation I continued living that way to save up some money for a new car, which I’m on the verge of buying before the end of the year. But that doesn’t mean that I sacrifice having a good time, I’ve just found ways to bar hop with friends depending on bar specials.

One of my main strategies is to go out to bars during the middle of the week, when it’s easier and cheaper to get a drink because it’s less crowded. There’s one pub not far from my house that I found through wildblue satellite internet has all you can drink beer on Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. when you pay a $5 cover at the door. That’s the best I’ve found so far and I have a feeling that will probably be the best I’ll ever find.

My friends and I will research new bar specials on wildblue internet in Spokane and e-mail each other links to some promising things.

Once I buy my new car, I could probably afford to be less frugal but I think I’m too stuck in my ways to quit while I’m ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment