Friday, August 6, 2010

Planning my sister’s baby shower

Guest post written by Nadeen Wale

My sister probably got pregnant at the worst time ever, for me at least. I was scheduled to move three months before her due date and as her only sibling – and best friend – I felt it was my duty to host her baby show. But I realized that would be a problem if I were in Michigan and she at home in Wisconsin.

I started planning pretty early as a result. Luckily for me, my sister and her husband decided that they didn’t want to know if I would have a new niece of nephew ahead of time. So I was able to do a lot of shopping for a gender-neutral shower through my blue internet Wisconsin before I left town.

After I moved, I was got satellite internet Michigan and continued planning the shower. I even designed some really cute e-invites for the shower, but made sure to send paper invites to some older relatives that don’t really use the blue internet that much.

I flew back to Wisconsin for the weekend of the shower and it all went really smoothly thanks to long and frequent e-mails between my mom and I. My sister still hasn’t had her baby yet and now we’re just playing the waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment