Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cupcake handler

Guest post written by Michael Long

Working in a bakery that specializes in cupcakes can be dangerous. It’s kind of torture to see people come in, buy and eat cupcakes all day. But I get a free cupcake every day and when it comes down to it, I don’t need more than one a day – even if I secretly think that my body has become dependent upon cupcakes.

I didn’t exactly aspire to sell cupcakes, but after I retired one of my good friends opened the bakery and offered me the job. I thought it would be a great way to make a little extra money and satisfy my sweet tooth.

I love to interact with the customers and I’ve become friends with some of the regulars. I noticed that one of the regulars was having a better time hearing what I would say and I didn’t have to talk as loud to her. I asked her what was new with her and she pointed to her hearing aides. She told me all about them and suggested that I get a hearing test too.

I took her advice and scheduled one for in a few days. Although all our cupcakes are delicious, people don’t like to be handed the wrong one on accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment