Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving with Family

Author: Alex Wolfe

For most of us Thanksgiving kicks off the holiday season of traveling to visit family whether driving or flying. This year my son and I are driving to Chicago to see my mom, dad, brother and his wife. Because we'll be visiting for a few days there will be time to see our extended family of cousins, aunts, and uncles. There are a lot of phone calls and emails back and forth between everyone to coordinate times and places that work for us all. It's often a little crazy before we leave with trying to plan visits with everyone at the last minute. As I walk out the door for these holiday trips, I constantly remind myself to remember to set my home security alarm from adt home security monitoring so I have less to worry about while we're gone. Thankfully, my brother and his wife are going to be making the big Thanksgiving dinner this year so I only have to think about making the desserts. As much as I enjoy cooking during the holiday season, I would rather spend my time visiting with and talking to my family. Before we travel back home, I must get some shopping done in Chicago before the next round of travel to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment