Thursday, December 30, 2010

Earthquake!

Almost 8:00 AM, we were all fast asleep when we all felt everything shaking. I thought hubby shook the bed so I opened my eyes and I saw him laying next to me so I closed my eyes again and he yelled "Earthquake!". We both jumped out of the bed and I told hubby that I'll go check our son in his room while he knocked on our dad's room. As soon as I opened the door, I saw my son awake, laying in his crib while hugging his pillow. I grabbed him and we all went to the living room. My dad said that he was already awake that time because he was reading a book.

Hubby went next door where our mom lives to check if they are all alright. We turned the TV on and the the earthquake was on the news 15 minutes after it happened. According to the news, the earthquake's magnitude was 4.2 but they lowered it now to 3.8

I encountered several earthquakes in the Philippines, probably 4 to 5 times, and this is the first time I encountered earthquake here in the US. It is so weird because I didn't feel any aftershock unlike the quakes I had in the Philippines. I didn't feel dizzy at all, well, it is a good thing though.

Hubby said that earthquake here in Indiana is very rare, although we had earthquakes in the past which had happened last April 2008. According to the news, it's only the third earthquake of note to hit north of Indianapolis in 175 years.

I hope no more earthquakes again and thank God that there was no report of serious damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment