Monday, December 13, 2010

Santa's Worst Nightmare

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

My daughter Ilana has been asking me to see Santa since July. I know most kids are excited about seeing Santa, but having to explain to a 5-year-old that Santa doesn't come around in July is not easy. Once I said that he only comes around at Christmas, she would ask why. I would explain that Christmas is the time when he gives out all the presents. She would rebut that that is not a time-efficient approach. This is how my daughter talks - I'm not kidding. A lot of it might have to do with my wife being a lawyer. In my daughter's opinion, it would make a lot more sense for Santa to spend the entire year handing out gifts. This way, he wouldn't have to rush so much, which would be better for air traffic safety. Unreal! How am I supposed to respond to something like that? The good news is that I'm certain she's going to make one heck of a lawyer one day. I eventually gave in and told Ilana that she can ask Santa these questions on her own. Tomorrow after school, I promised to take her to see Santa. Once we get ready to go out, we will set ourADT Home security alarm and get in the car. This is when she will be telling me about all the questions she has for him. Santa doesn't know what he's in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment